The Technical Education Sports Association of Zimbabwe
The Technical Education Sports Association of Zimbabwe (TESAZ) is established under section 184.108.40.206 of the revised Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development Sports and Recreational Policy and has the responsibility of sporting and recreational activities of all students at member institutions and is affiliated to the Zimbabwe Tertiary Institutions Sports Union (ZTISU).
TESAZ has been in existence for the past twenty years and has managed to run the TESAZ Games, participate in the annual ZTISU Games as well as send athletes to regional international events such as ZIZAMA and CUCSA without fail.
We pride ourselves in having seen our games grow from a few sporting disciplines to a myriad of sport codes that we see today which is a clear testimony of the good leadership which superintended over its formative and later years.
To provide technical education sports in a safe learning, progressive and supportive environment for students in Polytechnics, technical colleges, industrial and vocational training centres.
To be sought after as the number one provider of technical education sports that students at technical institutions of higher learning seek out for enjoyment and challenges.
TESAZ is a sports organization whose membership is drawn from Polytechnics, technical colleges, industrial and vocational training centres from across the length and breadth of Zimbabwe. Currently TESAZ has eleven affiliate member institutions presented bellow.
Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo Polytechnic
Kushinga Pikhelela Polytechnic
Msasa Industrial Training Centre
Westgate Industrial Training Centre
Zimbabwe School of Mines
- To contribute and influence member institutions’ strategic direction for sport for the benefit of all students.
- To coordinate and administer all student sporting activities and to increase the level of participation of students in sport and recreation in technical colleges.
- To raise the profile of technical institutions within the local, national and international arena through sports.
- To raise the standard of performance of technical institutions sports teams and athletes.
- To develop appropriate and effective partnerships and to provide a recognized means of communication with other bodies concerned with sports.
- To provide and develop opportunities for the development of “life skills” through sports for students in technical colleges.
The measurable key indicators to the Association’s performance are:
Growth in Association and Union games
Quality delivery of Association programmes
A positive profile with member institutions, stakeholders and community at large
A sustainable, well organized and efficient organization.
Mr. C. TigerePresident
Ms N. T. GutaTreasurer
Mr. A. Mashiri Development Officer
Mr. T. Mapolisa Committee Member
Kushinga Phikelela Polytechnic
Mr. D. ChipanguraStudents Representative
J. M. Nkomo Poly
Mr. T. DubeSecretary General
Mr E Mangwiro Marketing Officer
Mr. M MududuziStudents Representative
Mr S. LungaStudents Representative